Monday, November 8, 2010

Bountiful Harvest

Well, I didn't blog over the weekend, so my question is: If I do THREE POSTS today, will it makeup for my two missed ones? Because I have a LOT of things to talk about. I guess Gayla is the one in charge of this, so Gayla, what'll it be?

You may remember my pathetic potato...

Well, this isn't really much, but what is amazing about this, is I stopped watering the plants these came off of in July - because they had produced nothing. I picked these Saturday morning after my 10.5 mile run... yes, I really ran 10 1/2 miles. I averaged 11 1/2 minute miles (I probably shouldn't admit that SLOW time, but my knee was hurting and I've never run that far, so...)



Yep - jalapenos and tomtatoes... It may be December before those tomatoes ripen, but there they are! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm saying 3x's in one day COUNTS!!! ;-)

    So keep 'em coming, you green thumb, you! (Remember the THISTLE? I always knew you could grow things...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh GAYLA! We were actually kind of proud of the thistle... because it was pretty and purple...

    ReplyDelete