Friday, October 8, 2010

In Your Opinion



Looks good there, doesn't it?

But, I don't drink milk. Blech. A tall glass of the white stuff makes my stomach turn. But, I buy it in the half gallon, because it's one of those things I don't want to NOT have, if I'm cooking...

So - here's where I welcome your opinion...

what if I just buy dry milk and then make it up for recipes? Is there a significant taste difference? Is that faulty thinking? Come on, milk drinkers, come on chefs and bakers... lay it on me!

Do I keep pouring $2.17 down the drain, or do I buy dry?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that dry works well, and eagle brand for desserts. Of course, I'm not a baker just a taster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could answer, but I'm terrible in the kitchen. I like milk though...skim.
    Hope you get some good opinions and answers.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Steve is right . . . but I'm not the best one to ask either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all depends what you are making. Dry milk is usually fine for baking, but not for something like soup. Why don't you have the dry around and plan ahead for the other things where you'd need milk. Can't you just run out to the nearest quick trip or circle K or whatever its called there? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete