Friday, January 8, 2010

The Movie Critic

I'm not usually a movie promoter or critic, but I saw a movie recently that I really enjoyed and thought I'd pass on.

It's called Facing Ali.


I know, right? Seriously? Boxing?

But, it's interviews of almost all the guys who faced Ali - hence the title...

it was touching, funny, sad, sweet...

Some of those old guys had really REALLY rough lives. Actually, most of them. As a matter of fact, that's one of the things one of them mentioned - guys who were successful or had a lot going for them didn't get into the boxing ring - these were the guys who NEEDED a chance.

So, if you want to watch a movie with your "man" that will surprise him and you will enjoy too... here's a thought.

Seriously - WHY am I not married?!?

p.s.... one of the guys has pretty bad language - but he's at least 65, so it isn't AS offensive. And George Foreman tells how he found the Lord... (I'm trying to help you with the great balancing act - between offensive and redeeming)

I've also discovered a great way to pass my time in solitary -I mean, work... listening to movies on youtube. This morning I listened to Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and now I'm listening to Return to Me. I LOVE it. Yesterday, the entire soundtrack to Les Miserables... on headphones, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment