Saturday, May 23, 2009

Since I've Been Home

Well, I had to mow the yard that hadn't been mowed yet... I SHOULD have taken a picture - can you imagine 6 inch high clover and 2 foot high weeds? Yes, SERIOUSLY.

And then I planted basil, rosemary, thyme, and tarragon. And Vinkas and geraniums. And green beans and cucumbers.

But my most industrious triumph was the creating of a new garden area in my back yard. I own a patio home - I like this - SMALL yard, but the back area has been nothing since I've been here. It's fenced off like a Dog Run. (Knowing how much I LOVE dogs you can imagine that this was a REALY selling point for me...)

So, I took these


Used these


Turned this


Into this



And HOPEFULLY in 8-10 days I will have little Butternut Squash and Watermelon plants.

Of course, if all goes as planned in MY heart, I won't be here to enjoy ALL the fruits of my labors because I will be back in Kenya, but I should still be able to enjoy SOME of them. As will area friends.

2 comments: