Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eight things

Karen tagged me to write eight things that are random or that others probably don't know about me. I have never been tagged before (I'm just not that popular in the blogging world, although as a child I was always tagged because I wasn't all that fast... does that count as a fact?)

The rules are the same basic ones. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

So, here we go.

1) When I was in the eighth grade I did a backbend on top of the upright piano in my Choir class. The teacher was there. He is the one who reminded me of this fact many years later. I wonder what the classroom management was in that room? As usual, I was accompanying the Choir (life story)

2) I was the accompanist for our Elementary School choir when I was nine. Considering I have only let five students EVER play the piano for any of my choirs, I guess I was pretty good.

3) I have been to 37 foreign countries. Favorite places: Calcutta, India; New Zealand, MOROCCO!!!!!, Israel, Turkey, Spain, Prague! Bolivia

4) I am REALLY bad at recognizing any kind of "pop" music - from the 70s, 80s, 90s or now. I never know "who sang that", and don't really care.

5) I consider myself an introvert although I love people deeply and love hearing their stories. I am GREAT at putting myself out there for others, therefore people think I am an extrovert, but I HATE the thought of going to a party with lots of people.

6) I HATE it when people say, "Can I just call you Sue?"

7) Carrying heavy luggage is one of the top three things I hate to do most in life (along with making my bed and folding clothes)

8) I didn't always hate football. Teaching Choir in Oklahoma and dealing with the "good Ole Boys Club" did that to me (Where football is God). I grew up avidly watching football and remember many a Sunday afternoon napping in front of the game, and impressing many fellows with my knowledge of the game and stats.

And now I get to tag people (can't remember who Karen tagged, sorry if I choose you again)... Corinne, Gayla, Renee, Ginger, Aisha, Beth

5 comments:

  1. You are SOOO NOT and introvert!!! No matter what you think! ha

    Your list gave me some great LOLs. And about the lugguage thing... maybe you need to learn how to pack the way we used to. Sounds like you've gotten into the habit of packing the way Lauren Kitchens and Dee Dee packed for our music ministries trip those many years ago. Ya primper! ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The luggage thing... it comes from having to pack for three months of changing weather whilst tour guiding... when I am traveling on my own, things are much different... you are talking to the girl that took FOUR pairs of underwear with her to Europe for five months...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I would really like to hear you play the piano, my friend. When we last visited at my house, we didn't have a piano yet :)

    I laughed about the four pairs of underwear thing. I remember seeing your bag in Germany and you telling me how you you'd been/were going to be abroad. I was impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know who to ask about visiting foreing countries! Love the list. Seriously, SUE?! Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Sue! (HA- just kidding. Who is so 'muy stupido' to say that to you???) I have been so out of the loop I did not realize that I was TAGGED!!! So I'll get on that one...

    And even though life events have made you feel like an introvert, in your heart you are an extrovert... I can totally relate.

    I LOVED Karen comparing you w/ Lauren and DeeDee on Music Ministries trip! THE MOST luggage I have ever seen in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete